Monday, January 30, 2012

Weekly Update

Influences

On an emotional level, what drew you to this artist's work?
Well, I wanted to try something different than what i usually do and so i changed up my style with this one but to tell the truth, i'm not really sure if i have any influences, and if i do i don't know who they are. I guess if i had to name names i would have to say Ub Iwerks is at the top of my list, William Hanna, Joseph Barbera, Winsor McCay, DC and Marvel comics, Tex Avery, Hugh Harman, Chuck Jones, and Kim Possible Creators Mark McCorkle and Bob Schooley; and i only say that because my character has a lot of similarities to their character. In the end I'm more of a Looney Toons Fan.

What technical aspects do you appreciate about this artist work?
I Grew up on the Looney Toons cartoons And on Disney movies and i always loved the slap-stick comedy that the Looney Toons provided. That and the comedic timing. As for the Disney Movies I'v always loved the painted backgrounds and, until recently, the songs. If anything, when a child sees a Disney animated Film If anything that what they'll remember the most.

Give a brief description of the artist background.
Ub Iwerks was born on March 24,  1901 in Kansas City Missouri. Got his first job as an artist at the Pesman-Rubin Commercial Art Studio  in 1919 at the age of 18, which is also where he met Walt Disney.  close to a year later the two ventured out and formed their own company Iwerks-Disney Commercial Artist but it didn't last  long. a few years later the two where able to get anther studio and Iwerks developed two of cartoon history's most famous characters, Oswald the Rabbit, and Mickey Mouse.

How does this artist influence/ impact your jr. piece?
Well I would have to say, that it was their sense of humor and their love and respect for the art-form. They may not of been the kindest guys around but they love their character and making them come to life.

Update : Feb, 21, 12. Working on backgrounds and easy shots 2, 4, and 8, With stills.
Music and color in march.

1 comment:

  1. Journal
    Animation work update: Week one
    Ok, well i got to say that i am pretty disappointed with my self. I have no idea what i am doing at this point and i got to say i am freaking out. right now i am trying to get myself situated so right now i am trying to work out the easier scenes.
    The Cat looks up in surprise:
    The Girl screams "Hey":
    The Girl Says "Aww":
    i hope i can get more done in class tomorrow.... God Help me

    What is your relationship to the main character? At the Moment i can't really say for sure, like, I'm still working on a back story for her. I guess in relation She would be that underdog aspect, the one who does not have it easy in the beginning but works hard to achieve her goal. that feeling of the suffering of a hard life or up-bringing to success.

    What experience/ feeling did you draw upon to create Him/her/it?
    I don't really know, when i first came up with the girl character (REN) i had a different back story for both her and the Cat but decided to change it up.

    How is your character similar and different from you? Well, I'm not a girl so thats one way REN is different from me. She's a hard worker and is also shy but t the same time not afraid to say whats on her mind. Ways we are alike, hmmmm........ Oh, I got one. We both have to put up with cats that drive us crazy but even with that she remains a true friend.

    ReplyDelete